1. Everyone’s an accidental DBA (or database professional) – what’s your story? How’d you become a SQLPerson?
I started my career as part-time computer operator while I was studying my first year Bachelor’s degree and self-learning of VB 3.0, Foxpro and COBOL programming helped me to continue as a Asst.Programmer in the same company for next 3 years. Then I jump-started my DBA career as SYBASE person where I learned the basics about SQL language and introduced to SQL Server version 4.2 (1996) and since then I have been sticking with MS SQL Server which touching on other RDBMS platforms in my career.
2. What’s your favorite part of your current gig?
Planning, designing and implementation of mission-critical SQL Server platform, health check review on performance tuning and core DBA activities.
3. Complete this sentence: “If I could do anything else, I would…”
… love to join Indian Air force.
4. Complete this sentence: “When I’m not working I enjoy…”
… spending quality time with wife & complete joy in playing with kids on Xbox360/Kinect too.
5. Complete this sentence: “I think the coolest thing in technology today is…”
… Internet – world has become a global village.
6. Complete this sentence: “I look forward to the day when I can use technology to…”
… to complete day-to-day work effectively and reduce manual intervention.
7. Share something different about yourself. (Remember, it’s a family blog!)
Be happy dammit – is my motto, a sociable and fun-loving person in every aspect of my life, help others and cannot bear a person with arrogance/greed/disloyalty.
In my free time I love watching films and review about best-worst parts of screenplay & direction. I love spending time in Kitchen – learn new recipes and be at a beach destination along with my better-half Hima & kids – Abhi and Anjali. I believe with a hard work and without my family’s support I would have not achieved any of my career goals.
Originally published .